Indonesia on Monday unveiled a preliminary schedule for preparing troops for the multinational peacekeeping force in the Gaza Strip, stressing that actual implementation remains conditional on a clear international mandate and a final sovereign decision being issued.
A military spokesperson explained that the Indonesian military is ready to have 1,000 soldiers ready by early April and increase to 8,000 soldiers by June. He stressed that these plans reflect only operational preparedness and do not represent a final decision on deployment, as the matter is subject to evaluation by the political and military leadership in accordance with internationally agreed content.
Jakarta had previously announced that it was ready to contribute up to 8,000 soldiers to the planned force, which is made up of about 20,000 members from multiple countries. A spokesperson for President Prabowo Subianto confirmed that the figure was a preliminary estimate and that the country’s contribution was part of a broader international framework, rather than the military as a whole.
The President said that the nature of the mission, such as surveillance, detachment of forces, protection of civilians and securing humanitarian corridors, has not yet been determined, and that he is considering the determination of international missions through the UN Security Council or an agreed mechanism as a basic condition before any enforcement steps.
Meanwhile, the Indonesian Ministry of Defense denied reports about possible deployments to Rafah and Khan Yunis, stressing that the plan is still in the framework of preparations and consultations.
US President Donald Trump previously said the International Stabilization Force in Gaza was “already operational” and hinted that more countries would be involved in the next step.

