Close Menu
The Oasis Report | Latest Saudi Arabia News & Updates
  • Home
  • Analysis
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Finance
  • Investor
  • Opinion
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Startups
What's Hot

Saudi Arabia’s restaurant and cafe market size is 100 billion riyals – Saudi News

February 18, 2026

WAM Saudi 2026 concludes with momentum for global trade and industrial innovation

February 18, 2026

US imposes restrictions on visas for Iranian officials – Saudi News

February 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Saudi Arabia’s restaurant and cafe market size is 100 billion riyals – Saudi News
  • WAM Saudi 2026 concludes with momentum for global trade and industrial innovation
  • US imposes restrictions on visas for Iranian officials – Saudi News
  • Oil prices rise 2%…Brent to $67.57 – Saudi News
  • The Riyadh Regional Ruler recognized the winners of the 27th King Salman Award in the Holy Quran memorization category for boys. Friday – Saudi News
  • Moody’s establishes regional headquarters in Saudi Arabia – Saudi News
  • RTA reports Dubai’s commercial transport sector to grow 40% in 2025
  • Price of 1 tonne of copper rises to $12,752.5 – Saudi News
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Oasis Report | Latest Saudi Arabia News & UpdatesThe Oasis Report | Latest Saudi Arabia News & Updates
Wednesday, February 18
  • Home
  • Analysis
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Finance
  • Investor
  • Opinion
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Startups
The Oasis Report | Latest Saudi Arabia News & Updates
Home » President Zelenskiy says Russia is at a standstill, Ukraine peace talks end without progress

President Zelenskiy says Russia is at a standstill, Ukraine peace talks end without progress

adminBy adminFebruary 18, 2026 Saudi Arabia No Comments4 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


GENEVA — Peace talks between Ukraine and Russia in Geneva ended without progress on Wednesday, with President Volodymyr Zelenskiy describing the talks as “difficult” and accusing Russia of deliberately slowing progress toward a deal to end the four-year war.

The tripartite meeting in Geneva lasted until late Tuesday, but only for two hours on Wednesday.

U.S. special envoy Steve Witkoff expressed optimism about the talks, but both the Russian and Ukrainian sides suggested they had been “difficult.”

Moscow and Kiev remain far apart on key territorial issues and the terms of a potential ceasefire in the four-year conflict.

Witkoff said the talks “made meaningful progress” toward ending the war, as both sides prepare for a second day of negotiations in Geneva on Wednesday.

“President Trump’s success in uniting both sides of this war has led to meaningful progress, and we are proud to work under his leadership to stop the carnage in this horrific conflict,” Witkoff wrote to X.

Just before the end of the talks was announced, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy accused Russia of “trying to prolong negotiations that may have already reached their final stage.”

Negotiating concessions has been difficult, but Kremlin negotiator Vladimir Medinsky added that the talks had been “administrative” and said another round of talks would be held “soon.”

Ukrainian negotiator Rustem Umerov struck a less somber tone, saying that negotiations were “substantive and intensive” and that while progress was being made, he could not reveal details “at this stage.”

“This is a complex task that requires coordination from all involved and sufficient time,” Umerov said.

US President Donald Trump recently suggested, without mentioning Russia, that it was up to Ukraine to ensure the success of the Swiss talks.

As negotiators from Russia, Ukraine and the United States met in Geneva, Zelenskyy said the US president was putting undue pressure on him in an effort to secure a resolution to Kiev’s nearly four-year war with Russia.

Related articles

People visit Galgotias University's booth at the India AI Impact Summit in New Delhi, February 18, 2026.

Indian university receives criticism after announcing Chinese robot as its own robot at AI summit

In an interview with the American website Axios published on Tuesday, Zelenskiy said it was “unfair” that President Trump continues to publicly call for concessions to Ukraine, rather than Russia, on the terms of the peace deal.

“I hope it’s just a tactic and not a decision,” Zelenskiy said in a phone interview, Axios reported.

President Zelenskiy has repeatedly said his country is being asked to make disproportionate compromises compared to Russia.

Russia occupies about 20% of Ukraine, including most of the eastern Donbass region. The Kremlin wants Ukraine to hand over the remaining parts of the region, which it excludes.

Ukraine says it needs strong security guarantees from Western countries, including the United States, before a settlement with Russia is agreed.

Ukraine’s top negotiator Rustem Umerov said in a statement on social media Tuesday night that the first day’s talks focused on “practical issues and possible solution mechanisms.”

In a video address shortly thereafter, President Zelenskiy said Ukraine was prepared to refrain from attacking, as the United States had proposed to both Kiev and Moscow.

“There is no need for war,” he said, stressing that Ukrainians “are defending their state and independence.”

“We are also ready to move quickly towards a worthy agreement to end the war. The only question is the Russians. What do they want?”

This is the third round of three-way negotiations.

Russia’s state-run RIA news agency cited sources as saying Tuesday’s negotiations, which lasted six hours, were tense and took place in different bilateral and trilateral formats.

The talks are being mediated by Witkoff and Jared Kushner, the US president’s son-in-law.

The talks come a week before the fourth anniversary of Moscow’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine.

Russia’s Ministry of Defense announced that 43 Ukrainian drones were shot down over several Russian regions and Crimea overnight into Wednesday. — Agency



Source link

admin
  • Website

Keep Reading

Saudi League trio enters ACL Elite Top 16 with undefeated Al Hilal

In an atmosphere of spirituality, believers begin offering special Taraweeh prayers at the Two Holy Mosques

King Salman and Crown Prince launch housing campaign by donating 150 million riyals for Jawed Eskan

On the eve of Ramadan, King Salman prays for world peace and prosperity for all people.

Ramadan begins in Saudi Arabia on Wednesday with moon viewing

Ayatollah Khamenei warns President Trump as new round of US-Iran nuclear talks begins in Geneva

Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

RTA reports Dubai’s commercial transport sector to grow 40% in 2025

February 18, 2026

Dell and Ooredoo collaborate to power AI services

February 18, 2026

King Fahd International Airport introduces the latest navigation system

February 18, 2026

Saudi Arabia’s Humane invests $3 billion in xAI’s Series E funding round

February 18, 2026
Latest Posts

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

The Oasis Report is an independent digital news platform dedicated to delivering timely, accurate, and insightful coverage of Saudi Arabia. Our mission is to keep readers informed about the Kingdom’s rapidly evolving political, economic, social, and cultural landscape.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
© 2025 theoasisreport. Designed by TeraSolutions.io

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.