Close Menu
The Oasis Report | Latest Saudi Arabia News & Updates
  • Home
  • Analysis
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Finance
  • Investor
  • Opinion
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Startups
What's Hot

Israeli forces attack Hamas in Ain al-Hilweh in southern Lebanon – Saudi News

February 20, 2026

President Trump: “The ruling canceling tariffs is disappointing” – Saudi News

February 20, 2026

UK blocks President Trump from using Royal Air Force base to attack Iran

February 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Israeli forces attack Hamas in Ain al-Hilweh in southern Lebanon – Saudi News
  • President Trump: “The ruling canceling tariffs is disappointing” – Saudi News
  • UK blocks President Trump from using Royal Air Force base to attack Iran
  • 300,000 years ago…Greek skull redraws the lineage of human evolution – Saudi News
  • ‘Weqa’ adopts strict requirements for coffee seedling import and trade – Saudi News
  • Crude oil heads for first weekly gain in three weeks as tensions between US and Iran rise
  • Department of Energy requires licensing for all oil and petrochemical operations
  • Israel restricts access to Al Aqsa on first Friday of Ramadan
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Oasis Report | Latest Saudi Arabia News & UpdatesThe Oasis Report | Latest Saudi Arabia News & Updates
Friday, February 20
  • Home
  • Analysis
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Finance
  • Investor
  • Opinion
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Startups
The Oasis Report | Latest Saudi Arabia News & Updates
Home » Israel restricts access to Al Aqsa on first Friday of Ramadan

Israel restricts access to Al Aqsa on first Friday of Ramadan

adminBy adminFebruary 20, 2026 Saudi Arabia No Comments3 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


JERUSALEM — Israeli authorities on Friday imposed sweeping entry restrictions on Palestinian worshipers, restricting them from the occupied West Bank to occupied East Jerusalem to pray at the Al-Aqsa Mosque.

Hundreds of Palestinians gathered at checkpoints around Jerusalem before dawn, hoping to reach the compound for prayers on the first Friday of Ramadan, but many were turned away despite having pre-issued permits, local officials and witnesses said.

But Israeli authorities announced Friday that no more than 10,000 Palestinians would be allowed to visit one of Islam’s holiest sites from the West Bank on this day with permission, a fraction of the number who come to mark the event in previous years.

The Palestinian Authority said thousands of people remained stranded at the Qalandiya checkpoint after reaching capacity.

Israel’s Channel 12 reported that by morning, only about 2,000 Palestinians had made it through the Qalandiya checkpoint on their way to Jerusalem, with Israeli forces on high alert at the checkpoint separating the West Bank and East Jerusalem.

“There are 3.3 million people in the occupied West Bank…so allowing only 10,000 people to pray this First Friday or Ramadan is like a drop, and only a tiny fraction has penetrated,” Al Jazeera News Channel reported from the Qalandiya checkpoint.

“So far, we have seen up to 250,000 worshipers in that holy site, but only a fraction of that is currently expected. And that will come from the occupied West Bank, occupied East Jerusalem itself, and Palestinian-Israelis inside Israel.”

By late morning, the Palestinian news agency Wafa reported, citing Jerusalem Governorate, one of the 16 Palestinian governorates, that Israeli authorities claimed that slots for access to the compound from the West Bank had already been filled.

Rights groups say Israeli authorities have increased arrests and expulsion orders in occupied East Jerusalem in recent weeks, while violence, illegal settlement expansion and military raids have soared across the occupied West Bank since the Gaza war began in October 2023.

While Palestinians consider occupied East Jerusalem the capital of a future Palestinian state, Israel considers the city its undivided capital, an ongoing conflict in which access to its holiest sites has become a flashpoint every Ramadan.

The new restrictions come amid what the Palestinian Authority, rights groups and the United Nations say is a dangerous upsurge in violence by illegal settlers in the occupied West Bank and occupied East Jerusalem, characterized by widespread use of live ammunition, direct shooting at Palestinian citizens, burning of local Palestinian homes, and land seizures.

On Wednesday, a group of Israeli settlers supported by the Israeli military opened fire on a West Bank village, killing a young Palestinian-American man and wounding four others.

Israeli settlers, often supported by the military, rampage with impunity, attacking civilians and their property.

More than 1,100 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli forces and settlers in the West Bank since 2023, and more than 10,000 have been forcibly displaced, according to the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA). — Agency

Related articles

Sangram Patil

British doctor stranded in India after police case over Facebook post about Bharatiya Janata Party leader



Source link

admin
  • Website

Keep Reading

UK blocks President Trump from using Royal Air Force base to attack Iran

Registration for Ramadan Itikaf begins on Friday at Grand Mosque, Prophet’s Mosque

Crown Prince welcomes Ramadan prayers at Al Yamaa Palace

Crown Prince offers prayers at the Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah

Saudi Arabia pledges $1 billion to support peace efforts at first peace committee meeting

Australian police investigate threatening letter against country’s largest mosque

Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Crude oil heads for first weekly gain in three weeks as tensions between US and Iran rise

February 20, 2026

Total lease agreement in Ajman in 2025 is $1.8 billion

February 20, 2026

RTA announces diverse community events during Ramadan

February 20, 2026

Azizi launches new housing project in Al Jaddaf district

February 20, 2026
Latest Posts

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

The Oasis Report is an independent digital news platform dedicated to delivering timely, accurate, and insightful coverage of Saudi Arabia. Our mission is to keep readers informed about the Kingdom’s rapidly evolving political, economic, social, and cultural landscape.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
© 2025 theoasisreport. Designed by TeraSolutions.io

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.