Close Menu
The Oasis Report | Latest Saudi Arabia News & Updates
  • Home
  • Analysis
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Finance
  • Investor
  • Opinion
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Startups
What's Hot

Rahaf Al Qahtani: ‘My uncles disowned my father because of me’ – Saudi News

February 21, 2026

Legal battle to recover $170 billion in tariffs – Saudi News

February 21, 2026

Is an American attack coming? Why did European countries call on their citizens to leave Iran? – Saudi Arabia News

February 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Rahaf Al Qahtani: ‘My uncles disowned my father because of me’ – Saudi News
  • Legal battle to recover $170 billion in tariffs – Saudi News
  • Is an American attack coming? Why did European countries call on their citizens to leave Iran? – Saudi Arabia News
  • Saudi Arabia joins global partnership in artificial intelligence – Saudi News
  • Gulf leaders celebrate Saudi leader on National Day
  • Eric Dane and his courageous journey with a rare and life-threatening disease – Saudi News
  • 24 listed companies hit historic lows in one week…Get to know the companies – Saudi News
  • Asian economies assess impact of Trump’s new tariffs – Saudi Arabia News
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Oasis Report | Latest Saudi Arabia News & UpdatesThe Oasis Report | Latest Saudi Arabia News & Updates
Saturday, February 21
  • Home
  • Analysis
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Finance
  • Investor
  • Opinion
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Startups
The Oasis Report | Latest Saudi Arabia News & Updates
Home » Asian economies assess impact of Trump’s new tariffs – Saudi Arabia News

Asian economies assess impact of Trump’s new tariffs – Saudi Arabia News

adminBy adminFebruary 21, 2026 Opinion No Comments4 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


U.S. trading partners in Asia recognized new uncertainty Saturday, hours after the Supreme Court struck down many of the sweeping tariffs that President Donald Trump had imposed to start a global trade war.

The court’s ruling invalidated some of the tariffs imposed by the Trump administration on Asian countries exporting from China and South Korea to Japan and Taiwan, the world’s largest manufacturers of electronic chips and key players in the technology supply chain.

Within hours, President Trump confirmed a new 10% tariff on U.S. imports from all countries for the first 150 days starting Tuesday under separate legislation, with analysts warning of possible further action that could cause further disruption for businesses and investors.

Japan’s declaration

A Japanese government spokesperson said that the Japanese government will “carefully consider the content of this ruling and the Trump administration’s response to it, and will respond appropriately.” China, which is preparing to welcome President Trump in late March, did not issue any official comment or take any countermeasures, citing the long holiday in China. But a senior financial official in Chinese-ruled Hong Kong described the U.S. situation as a “terrible failure.”

Because the U.S. government imposes tariffs on mainland Chinese exports, tariffs on products made in Hong Kong are generally lower, allowing the city to keep trade flowing amid rising tensions between China and the United States.

Taiwan’s government said it was closely monitoring the situation, noting that the US government had not yet decided how to fully implement its trade agreements with many countries.

“Although the initial impact on Taiwan is expected to be limited, the government will closely monitor developments, understand the specific implementation, and maintain close contact with the United States to respond appropriately,” the cabinet statement said.

Taiwan recently signed two agreements with the United States. The first was a memorandum of understanding last month in which Taiwan committed to investing $250 billion, and the second was signed this month to reduce counter-tariffs.

America’s trading partners in Asia are looking today (Saturday) to assess new uncertainties after US President Donald Trump pledged to impose new tariffs on imports, just hours after the Supreme Court struck down many of the sweeping tariffs used to start the global trade war.

The court’s ruling invalidated some of the tariffs imposed by the Trump administration on Asian exporters from China and South Korea to Japan and Taiwan, the world’s largest semiconductor manufacturer and a major player in the technology supply chain.

Within hours, President Trump confirmed a new 10% tariff on U.S. imports from all countries for the first 150 days starting Tuesday under separate legislation, prompting analysts to warn of the possibility of further action, potentially creating further disruption for businesses and investors.

Japanese statement

A Japanese government spokesperson said that the Japanese government will “carefully consider the content of this ruling and the Trump administration’s response, and will respond appropriately.” China, which is preparing to welcome President Trump in late March, has not made any official comments or taken any countermeasures, citing the long holiday in China. But a senior financial official in Chinese-ruled Hong Kong described the US situation as a “disastrous failure”.

Because the U.S. government imposes tariffs on mainland Chinese exports, tariffs on products made in Hong Kong are generally lower, allowing the city to keep trade flowing amid rising tensions between China and the United States.

Taiwan’s government said it was closely monitoring the situation, noting that the U.S. government has not yet fleshed out how to fully implement trade agreements with many countries.

“Although the initial impact on Taiwan appears to be limited, the government will closely monitor developments, understand the specific implementation, and maintain close communication with the United States to respond appropriately,” the Cabinet statement said.

Taiwan recently signed two agreements with the United States. The first was a memorandum of understanding last month in which Taiwan committed to investing $250 billion, and the second was signed this month to reduce counter-tariffs.



Source link

admin
  • Website

Keep Reading

Rahaf Al Qahtani: ‘My uncles disowned my father because of me’ – Saudi News

Is an American attack coming? Why did European countries call on their citizens to leave Iran? – Saudi Arabia News

Eric Dane and his courageous journey with a rare and life-threatening disease – Saudi News

‘Environmental issues’ concern Aramco as knockout crisis – Saudi News

Who will attend the El Clasico summit, Bono or Rajkovic? – Saudi Arabia News

Al-Hilal’s lead reaches a dangerous crossroads against Al-Ittihad – Saudi News

Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Crude oil heads for first weekly gain in three weeks as tensions between US and Iran rise

February 20, 2026

Total lease agreement in Ajman in 2025 is $1.8 billion

February 20, 2026

RTA announces diverse community events during Ramadan

February 20, 2026

Azizi launches new housing project in Al Jaddaf district

February 20, 2026
Latest Posts

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

The Oasis Report is an independent digital news platform dedicated to delivering timely, accurate, and insightful coverage of Saudi Arabia. Our mission is to keep readers informed about the Kingdom’s rapidly evolving political, economic, social, and cultural landscape.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
© 2025 theoasisreport. Designed by TeraSolutions.io

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.