Close Menu
The Oasis Report | Latest Saudi Arabia News & Updates
  • Home
  • Analysis
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Finance
  • Investor
  • Opinion
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Startups
What's Hot

Mutual escalation…Iran classifies European forces as ‘terrorists’ – Saudi News

February 21, 2026

Integrated Governance organizes Prophet’s Mosque breaking fast trip through ‘Ehsan’ and ‘Nusuk’ – Saudi News

February 21, 2026

Saudi Arabia condemns US special envoy’s comments on Israeli control of the Middle East

February 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Mutual escalation…Iran classifies European forces as ‘terrorists’ – Saudi News
  • Integrated Governance organizes Prophet’s Mosque breaking fast trip through ‘Ehsan’ and ‘Nusuk’ – Saudi News
  • Saudi Arabia condemns US special envoy’s comments on Israeli control of the Middle East
  • Taliban government’s new law: Allows wife beating ‘without fraction’ – Saudi News
  • British government considers bill to remove Andrew from the throne
  • Iranian President: ‘We will not bow to pressure from world powers’ – Saudi News
  • New trade war… Trump temporarily raises tariffs to 15% for 150 days – Saudi News
  • Royal Decree Appoints Sheikh Saleh Al-Maghamsi Imam of the Prophet’s Mosque
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Oasis Report | Latest Saudi Arabia News & UpdatesThe Oasis Report | Latest Saudi Arabia News & Updates
Saturday, February 21
  • Home
  • Analysis
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Finance
  • Investor
  • Opinion
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Startups
The Oasis Report | Latest Saudi Arabia News & Updates
Home » British government considers bill to remove Andrew from the throne

British government considers bill to remove Andrew from the throne

adminBy adminFebruary 21, 2026 Saudi Arabia No Comments2 Mins Read
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


LONDON — The British government is considering introducing legislation that would remove Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor from the line of succession to the throne, which would prevent him from becoming king.

According to the BBC, Defense Minister Luke Pollard said the proposal was “the right thing to do” regardless of the outcome of the ongoing police investigation.

King Charles III’s younger brother Andrew remains eighth in line to the throne despite being stripped of his titles, including “prince”, in October last year following pressure over his relationship with financier Jeffrey Epstein.

On Thursday evening, Andrew was investigated and released 11 hours after he was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office. He denies any wrongdoing.

Mr Pollard said the government was moving ahead with plans to stop Buckingham Palace and Mr Andrew’s “possible chance of reaching the throne”, adding that action would need to be taken once the police investigation was completed.

Treasurer James Murray said the matter was “very complex” and a full-scale police investigation needed to be “developed”.

Related articles

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor

Andrew Mountbatten released pending investigation after arrest for illegal activities

Thames Valley Police will continue searching Andrew’s Windsor home, Royal Lodge, until Monday. Several other police forces across the UK are also considering whether to launch investigations.

The proposal follows calls from some MPs, including those from the Liberal Democrats and Scottish National Party, to remove Mr Andrew from the line of succession. Other lawmakers said such measures may not be necessary given his unlikely accession to the throne.

The change would require an Act of Parliament, approval of both Houses of Parliament, and Royal Assent from Charles III. It will also require support from the 14 Commonwealth countries whose heads of state include Canada, Australia, Jamaica and New Zealand.

The last parliamentary change to the Throne Act came in 2013, when it abolished male primogeniture and allowed those married to Catholics to remain in line to the throne.

The last time he was removed from the line of succession by an Act of Parliament was in 1936, after the abdication of King Edward VIII.



Source link

admin
  • Website

Keep Reading

Saudi Arabia condemns US special envoy’s comments on Israeli control of the Middle East

Royal Decree Appoints Sheikh Saleh Al-Maghamsi Imam of the Prophet’s Mosque

UK blocks President Trump from using Royal Air Force base to attack Iran

Israel restricts access to Al Aqsa on first Friday of Ramadan

Registration for Ramadan Itikaf begins on Friday at Grand Mosque, Prophet’s Mosque

Crown Prince welcomes Ramadan prayers at Al Yamaa Palace

Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Crude oil heads for first weekly gain in three weeks as tensions between US and Iran rise

February 20, 2026

Total lease agreement in Ajman in 2025 is $1.8 billion

February 20, 2026

RTA announces diverse community events during Ramadan

February 20, 2026

Azizi launches new housing project in Al Jaddaf district

February 20, 2026
Latest Posts

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

The Oasis Report is an independent digital news platform dedicated to delivering timely, accurate, and insightful coverage of Saudi Arabia. Our mission is to keep readers informed about the Kingdom’s rapidly evolving political, economic, social, and cultural landscape.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
© 2025 theoasisreport. Designed by TeraSolutions.io

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.